InkTip Pro Screenwriting Contests
For over 20 years, InkTip has been one of the leading script listing services in the film industry, connecting producers and screenwriters. The InkTip Pro Screenwriting Contests provide writers with newfound exposure and accolades, while highlighting the best scripts on InkTip.
Only the strongest pitches receive script reads in the film industry. Therefore, our contest focuses on a holistic approach from "pitch to page." Since the logline is a writer's first key in opening the door to a read, all first round submissions will be judged on their loglines. The next round of judging is based on synopses. Those submissions that have the strongest pitch package will finally be judged on their scripts.
- Theme: Limited Location Scripts (3 locations or less)
- The next contest opens February 20, 2023.
- The final deadline to submit is March 10, 2023.
You must be an InkTip Pro member to enter the contest.
Every few months, InkTip Pro members will be able to submit a script listing to the InkTip Pro Contest. The option will appear on the writer's Main page. Writers can submit one script listing per contest. The script listing must be housed in the Library for the duration of the contest (it does not need to be live).
Prize packages include free IPM membership, a logline featured in our exclusive industry newsletter, script coverage, and more.
- We accept original feature scripts and TV pilots. Please do not send TV spec scripts based on existing material.
- We do not accept short scripts, stage plays, novels, or unfinished screenplays.
- All submissions must be original and the sole property of the applicant(s).
- Feature screenplays must be between 90-120 pages in length (give or take a few pages).
- One-hour pilot scripts must be between 55-65 pages. Half-hour pilot scripts must be between 30-40 pages.
- Only one submission per writer per contest.
- Scripts that have won a previous InkTip Pro Contest are not eligible for another InkTip Pro Contest.
- Writers must be 18 years or older.
- International writers and scripts are welcome; however, all scripts, synopses, and loglines must be written in English.
- Judges, sponsors, independent contractors who work with the InkTip Pro Contest, and InkTip employees or their spouses are not eligible to enter.
- Submissions must be entered by 11:59pm (PST) on the day of the final deadline.
- Judges decisions are final and cannot be disputed.
- There is no additional cost to enter the InkTip Pro Contest. It is part of the monthly InkTip Pro membership, which also gives writers a script listing visible in our database for producers to find and our weekly Preferred Newsletter with 24+ pitch requests a month.
It is important that screenwriters know how to pitch their scripts as well as write compelling screenplays. On InkTip, strong loglines matter to grab a producer's attention. Synopses will draw them into your style and story. And your script is what seals the deal. But every element is important. Therefore, all entries will be evaluated first on their loglines. Submissions that move higher into the contest will be evaluated on their synopses and scripts.
- March 27 – Quarterfinalists announced
- April 17 – Semifinalists announced
- May 31 – Finalists and Grand Prize Winner announced