Filmmakers and Reps
- How does InkTip work for filmmakers and reps?
- What is available to read?
- How do I contact writers?
- What is my legal protection?
- Why should agents and managers use InkTip?
- What is InkTip Pro?
- What are script requests?
- How much does InkTip Pro cost?
- What do I need to add a script to InkTip?
- Do I need to copyright my script?
- What scripts can I add to InkTip?
- What is the Script Library?
- What is Script Sharing?
- What's the difference between adding a script and making it live?
- How do I add short scripts to InkTip?
- Can you guarantee that my script will get sold through your network?
- Is InkTip a production company or management company?
- Who is allowed to look at my script?
- How can I guarantee that my idea won't be stolen?
1. What is InkTip?
InkTip is a screenplay listing service that qualified filmmakers use to find scripts and writers at no cost to the filmmaker. Screenwriters can add short scripts for free and longer scripts for a monthly fee.
2. How many movies have been made through InkTip?
More than 400 movies have been made from scripts and writers found through InkTip. You can see many of them here.
Filmmakers and Reps
1. How does InkTip work for filmmakers and reps?
You can search for the exact scripts or writer you need using our highly customizable search engine. During your search, you'll see loglines for all available scripts and can access the synopses and/or script immediately. It's fast, easy, and efficient.
2. What is available to read?
Loglines, synopses, resumes, and scripts for feature or television are available. Adaptable books are available as well.
3. How do I contact writers?
While you are logged in, you can easily email any InkTip writer through our system.
4. What is my legal protection?
Prior to listing scripts with InkTip, all writers provide us with this signed release form.
5. Why should agents and managers use InkTip?
InkTip is a great avenue for you to get more exposure for your client's scripts and track their progress. You can also find new clients on the site as well.
1. What is InkTip Pro?
InkTip Pro is a monthly membership for screenwriters which allows one screenplay to be found by industry professionals in our database. It also includes access to pitch to 24+ script requests per month. For more information, go here.
2. What are script requests?
We reach out to filmmakers, who tell us their unique mandates for scripts, and we send those mandates to you every week. Think of it like a job board of sorts.
3. How much does InkTip Pro cost?
InkTip Pro is $32.50/month. It allows for one live script (searchable by filmmakers) and 24+ script requests a month. You can add additional live scripts to your membership for $12.50/script/month.
4. What do I need to add a script to InkTip?
You will need a copyright or WGA registration number for the completed script, a logline, a synopsis, and a resume.
5. Do I need to copyright my script?
Yes. All scripts on InkTip or submitted to script requests must be registered through the US Copyright Office, WGA, or (if not based in the US) your national copyright office.
6. What scripts can I add to InkTip?
Features, teleplays (including MOWs, miniseries, and other TV styles), and books for adaptation can be added to your Script Library.
7. What is the Script Library?
The Script Library is where you can add scripts for easy sharing using our Script Sharing feature. There is no cost to add scripts to your library or share your scripts with others. With an InkTip Pro membership, you can make one or more scripts live so that they can be found by our vetted network of filmmakers.
8. What is Script Sharing?
Script Sharing is a free feature that allows you to share your scripts in your Script Library, via a link, with others. You'll also have the option of sharing only your logline if you want to limit access to your script. In that case, prospective readers would need to email you for your script.
9. What's the difference between adding a script and making it live?
Anyone can add feature or TV scripts into their Script Library, and you can add as many as you like.
Live scripts are searchable to our network of filmmakers and reps. This feature is exclusive with InkTip Pro.
10. How do I add short scripts to InkTip?
Loglines for short scripts can be listed for free here.
11. Can you guarantee that my script will get sold through your network?
No. We cannot guarantee options or sales.
12. Is InkTip a production company or management company?
No. We do not produce films or represent writers/projects.
13. Who is allowed to look at my script?
Only filmmakers and reps who have registered and been vetted by us are allowed to read scripts. Other InkTip writers cannot read your scripts unless you share it with them directly.
14. How can I guarantee that my idea won't be stolen?
Copyrighting your script gives you some legal protection, and that's why we require registration for all scripts on our site.