Post Your Screenplay Shorts
Screenplay shorts are anywhere from 2 - 45 pages long. They are scripts directors, film editors, producers, etc. look for to make inexpensively and use as a "calling card" to get more work. They are also for producers who want to produce shorts to sell to Internet companies. They are an excellent way for writers to get produced credits and gain on-the-job experience.
Guidelines and Information
1. Loglines for feature and TV scripts are NOT placed here. They are placed in another part of our website, which is password protected. Please go back to the homepage and register for an account if you would like to place your feature or TV script.
2. The shorts section of InkTip.com is not password-protected, so your email address will be available for the general public to see. We cannot guarantee that it will be kept private.
3. Please notify us when you sell or option your short or obtain representation through our site. When this occurs, we will showcase you to help you get further exposure.
4. You may place loglines for all of your available shorts, however, they must be completed screenplays in the standard industry format. We will not accept loglines for stories or ideas.
5. All shorts MUST be registered or copyrighted with a registration service or the copyright office. Registering it with an attorney or mailing the screenplay back to yourself is not enough. Click here for links to some registration services or the copyright office.
6. By placing loglines on our service, you will automatically receive our newsletter. If after receiving it, you decide you do not wish to receive it any longer, just reply to the e-mail and ask to be removed from our e-mail list.
7. Your short will remain on our site for one year. You may resubmit at that time.
8. If you would like to make changes/remove your short, please email us with the change, title, and genre of your short.
RELEASE AND AGREEMENT
THE SCREENPLAY SHORTS THAT YOU PROVIDE TO INKTIP.COM FOR POSTING ON OUR "SCREENPLAY SHORTS FOR SALE" PAGE ARE ACCEPTED ONLY ON YOUR ACCEPTANCE OF THE FOLLOWING CONDITIONS:
Applicant understands that the term "Work", herein, and that this release, refers only to the shorts for the loglines and loglines posted on the "Screenplay Shorts For Sale" page of this web site.
Applicant represents and warrants that he/she is the author of the Work, and if not the author, has all necessary legal and equitable rights to the Work. Applicant represents and warrants that if the Work is owned by Applicant, as well as others, Applicant has received permission from the others to enter into this agreement on their behalf.
Applicant understands that it is his/her sole responsibility to protect the Work, and is strongly advised to file or register the Work with the Writers Guild, the United States Copyright Office and/or other script protection organizations. Applicant understands that the Work is not eligible to be posted on the InkTip.com web site without such protection. (See Guidelines above at number 4) You can register your work online now by selecting WGA.org.
Applicant, who attests that he/she is at least eighteen (18) years of age, has submitted the Work voluntarily and not in confidence. Applicant understands and agrees that no confidential relationship between Applicant and the author of the Work if not Applicant, and InkTip.com is being created by this Agreement or by Applicant's submission of the Work. Applicant understands that the work is being posted on a web site page that is accessible to anyone. It is not password protected and InkTip.com has no way govern who views the Work to be posted on the "Screenplay Shorts For Sale" page.
Applicant represents and warrants to InkTip.com that theWork to be submitted hereunder is original and that the Work will not contain defamatory or unlawful matter and will in no way infringe upon the copyright or violate the proprietary rights of any person whomsoever. The Applicant agrees to indemnify and hold InkTip.com harmless from any suit, demand, or claim made against InkTip.com by reason of any defamatory right, and the Applicant further agrees to pay any judgment or reasonable settlement offer resulting from any such suit, demand, or claim, and to pay any reasonable attorneys' fees incurred by InkTip.com in defending against such suit, demand, or claim.
No obligation of any kind is assumed or may be implied against InkTip.com, either as a result of this Agreement, or Applicant's submission of the Work to be posted on the "Screenplay Shorts For Sale" page.
- InkTip.com does not attest to or guarantee the validity of any Visitor
to the Screenplay Shorts For Sale page. InkTip.com cannot be held liable
for any agreements made between Applicant and Visitor. InkTip.com is not
responsible for the actions of any Visitor with relation to Applicants'
Work. InkTip.com's sole purpose in providing this web site page is that
of facilitating introduction and interaction between writers, filmmakers
and others industry professionals interested in optioning or acquiring
literary material. Applicant is posting material at applicant's own risk.
InkTip.com reserves the right to refuse post to its web site or remove any Work from its website, with or without cause, with or without notice.
It is understood that the way InkTip is able to entice new industry professionals to use InkTip is by promotion of InkTip results. Therefore, I promise to always inform InkTip of any relationship I form with any industry professional that was in any way found, heard about or nurtured through InkTip, so that InkTip can not only promote myself and my works, but also promote themselves. It is understood that this is a condition to using InkTip.
- Waiver. Waiver of any default or breach of this Agreement or any warranty, representation, covenant, or obligation contained herein shall not be construed as a waiver of any subsequent breach.
- Severability. If any provision of this Agreement, or the application of it to any party or circumstance, is held to be invalid, the remainder of this Agreement, and the application of such provision to other parties or circumstances, shall not be affected thereby, the provisions of this Agreement being severable in any such instance.
- Attorneys' Fees. If an action is brought for the purpose of enforcing, defending, or preventing a breach of this Agreement, the successful or prevailing party in any such proceeding shall be entitled, in addition to such other relief as may be granted, to recover reasonable attorneys' fees and costs of suit incurred in such proceeding.
- State Law. This Agreement shall be construed and enforceable according to the laws of the State of California for all purposes. Any action concerning this Agreement shall be brought in Los Angeles, California and the parties consent to service of process in California.