Go here to post your Film Commission.
All of Nassau County locations are eligible (if you meet the criteria) for the current NYS Tax Credits.
And don't forget, we have two NYS Approved Soundstages - Gold Coast Studios and Grumman Studios.
Our Nassau County Film Office is here to help you find the perfect location, whether it be Gold Coast mansions, beaches, waterfront parks, nature preserves, ponds or scenic villages.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 516 571-3168 for further information.
- Offers a transferrable tax credit on qualified Nevada film, TV & software production expenses.
- The old pilot program was recently converted to a new, permanent incentive program, ideal for:
- Indies & lower-budget Studio Features
- Commercial & Film Slates (related projects can be combined)
- TV Series & Pilots
- Reality series, game shows and video games now qualify as well
- Or any production that wants to film on location, with 24-hour amenities, close to LA, and with an incentive.
- Minimum qualified in-state spend of $500k required.
- Production must also spend at least 60% of budget in-state.
- Post-Production may be included in calculations, at producer's election
- Credit Levels:
- 15% base credit on Nevada expenditures
- 15% base on Nevada residents
- 12% base on non-resident ATL
- 10% base on non-resident BTL
- 5% bonus for using majority-Nevada BTL crew
- 5% bonus for filming majority in a rural county
- $6M credit/project
- $750k creditable payroll/individual
- 10% budget creditable to resident producers
- 5% budget creditable to non-resident producers
- Project funding for the current fiscal year has not yet been released.
- Credits can be applied to certain future taxes owed to the state (gaming, financial institution, insurance, MBT & Fees)
- Credits trade higher in Nevada than just about anywhere else in the country.
- Application process takes 6-12 weeks with no fees
- Production must start at least 1 day after application date and within 6 months of pre-approval.
- Production must be completed within 18 months of pre-approval
- Nevada credit may be combinable with the IRS Section 181 federal deduction. In addition to our state's program, the Nevada Film PAC also endorses this national film incentive program.
More information can also be found at http://nevadafilmpac.org/
The Commission's location library is extraordinarily comprehensive, consisting of tens of thousand of photos depicting cities, towns and specific sites throughout New Jersey. This material can be viewed at the agency's office, or sent via e-mail or U.S. Mail.
25% to 30% Refundable Film Production Tax Credit
An additional 5% applies to qualifying productions.
For more info, go here.
• Helping producers find our excellent resources.
• Assisting with any applications, permits or regulatory processes that may apply.
• Bringing focus & attention to the many diverse attractions New Milford has to offer.
• Hosting local events, such as film festivals and screenings, to generate regional publicity.
• A truly original, authentic and awe-
• 70 miles from Times Square (87n-
• Largest Town in Connecticut: 64 square miles
• One of the highest points in Connecticut is three miles from the Town Green
• A drive-
• Multiple access points to the Housatonic River
• Two turn-
• Access to the largest man-
• Vintage railroad station and track
• Private airport with gliders and small craft
• A very active and enthusiastic Historical Society that can help with research
Did we mention a very active and enthusiastic Film Commission waiting to serve your every need? We will help from crewing to catering and all stops in between!
New York State offers several programs to the film and television industry in the form of tax credits and sales tax exemptions:
Film Production Credit program - 30% fully refundable tax credit on qualified production and post-production expenses incurred during production/post production in New York State.
Post Production Credit program - 30%-35% on qualified post-production expenses incurred in New York State. This program is for productions which are not eligible for the film production tax credit program.
Commercial Credit program - 5% on qualified production expenses for commercials and a 20% annual growth credit. Applications submitted annually.
Sales Tax Exemptions - Film production activities/expenses that are exempt from New York State sales tax.