Go here to post your Film Commission.
Any project that spends more than $50,000 in Massachusetts qualifies for the payroll credit. Spending more than 50% of total budget or filming at least 50% of the principal photography days in Massachusetts makes the project eligible for the production credit and a sales tax exemption.
Program requirements are straightforward. There are no annual or project caps. No residency requirements. No extended schedule of credit payouts.
The payroll credit includes above- and below the line; the production credit includes out-of-state production expenses.
Credits can be cashed out with the Commonwealth of Massachusetts at 90% of face value after satisfying tax liabilities, or can be transferred at market rate. Credits can be used for up to 5 tax years.
- Scouting Assistance
- Lodging and Dining Information
- Online Permit Information
- Area Maps
- Crew Resource Information
- Vendor Resource Information
- Mendocino County is 3500 square miles
- Coastline runs 100 miles
- Doubles as New Zealand, New England, Ireland, Scotland, and has many small rural towns and communities
- Non-stop air service from LAX to Sonoma County daily, just south of our county border.
* Film friendly motels, hotels, restaurants and caterers*
- Historical Buildings
FILM: Need For Speed, Overboard, East of Eden, The Summer of '42, Same Time Next Year, Dying Young, Forever Young, Johnny Belinda, The Majestic, Pontiac Moon, Racing with the Moon
TV: Murder She Wrote, Shark Swarm
COMMERCIALS: Acura, Lincoln, GM, Toyota, BMW, Gallo, Jeep, Caduet, Honda
Candidates requesting support from FOPROCINE must be Mexican production companies or individuals; the participation of foreign directors or producers is subject to their liaison to a Mexican production company.
FOPROCINE grants resources through coproduction contracts by means of venture capital. The maximum amount granted is 10 million pesos or 80% of the production budget. FOPROCINE's support may be coupled with the support of EFICINE 189, but not with FIDECINE.
FIDECINE, the Film Investment and Stimulus Fund, is a trust for the production, postproduction, distribution and exhibition of fiction or animated feature films, which offers its support through venture capital. The maximum amount granted is 10% of the annual fund budget (about 10 million pesos) or 49% of the production budget.
In addition to the support for production, FIDECINE offers other stimuli for commercial management and/or for the outstanding performance of films at national or foreign film festivals.
If the film recovers 100% of the support received from FIDECINE, the Fund reserves an equal amount to be granted for the next project of the same production company.
FIDECINE's support can be coupled with EFICINE 189, but not with FOPROCINE.
EFICINE 189 is a fiscal stimulus for taxpayers granted by Article 189 of the Internal Revenue Service ISR Law or Income Tax Law. EFICINE 189 supports the production or postproduction and distribution of fiction, documentary or animated feature films.
Through EFICINE, taxpayers investing in film projects in Mexico may obtain a tax credit equal to the amount of their investment, against their income tax due for the period for which the credit is granted. Each project cannot receive more than 20 million Mexican pesos or 80% of the production budget.
EFICINE 189â€™s support may be combined with FIDECINE y FOPROCINE film stimuli.
It is a customs document that allows temporary import and export without payment or customs rights securing of non-perishable goods.
These goods must be re-imported to the country of origin within the established maximum period (1 year). This usually comprises goods for exhibition as well as equipment for the production and performance of professional work.
It is necessary to previously check which countries are subscribed to the ATA system. This is not required for travel within the European Union, except for the Canary Islands, Ceuta, Melilla and the French DOM-TOM.
Issuing Body: Chambers of Commerce
FILM IN MEXICO
* Guidance on state and local permitting
* 1-2 days complimentary location scouting
* Locations Directory database to search locations
* Production Directory database to search for crew and vendor services
* Customized cast and crew calls on MF&DMO website
* Social media promotions on MF&DMO Facebook and Twitter
* And more exciting programs to come in 2016-2017!
We are your local resource for:
-Assistance on location scouting, transportation and accommodations
-Securing production assistance from area experts
-Directions on permits
-Establishing connections with local organizations that will help your production team accomplish its goals
The Milwaukee Film Office is administered by staff from VISIT Milwaukee, the local tourism bureau. For images and b-roll of Milwaukee see: http://www.visitmilwaukee.org/request-press-kit
What do we do?
- Attract production to Minnesota through the Snowbate incentive program, a 20 to 25% rebate on eligible Minnesota expenditures.
- Market Minnesota's talent, crew and production infrastructure in the Minnesota Production Directory
- Maintain an extensive statewide digital location photo database.
- Develop and sustain relationships with independent producers and location decision-makers at major studios and networks nationwide.
- Facilitate production with location and scouting services and crew, equipment and permitting referrals.
$10 million annual rebate cap
$50,000 minimum Mississippi Investment (local spend) per project
Mississippi Investment Rebate (local spend ) - 25%
Non-Resident Payroll Rebate - 25%
Resident Payroll Rebate - 30%
Honorably Discharged Veteran Payroll Rebate - 5%
Utah native George White saw the need for a film commission when John Ford expressed such great interest in the Moab to Monument Valley areas. Origination with Stagecoach in 1939, and filmijng Wagon Master ten years later, Mr White officially established the Moab to Monument Vallley Film Commission in 1949. As a result of the rich filming history, the moab area has a rooted crew base and ample production services capable of accommodating just about any project, large or small. More information can be acquired on our website www.filmmoab.com
All goods & services
($500,000 minimum spend)
Motion Picture Soundtrack
($50,000 - $300,000 spend)
35% REBATE - Alabama Labor
Alabama resident crew & talent
($500,000 minimum spend)
Motion Picture Soundtrack
($50,000 - $300,000 spend)
4% NO State Sales Tax
($150,000 minimum spend)
4% NO Lodging Tax
($150,000 minimum spend)
All of Nassau County locations are eligible (if you meet the criteria) for the current NYS Tax Credits.
And don't forget, we have two NYS Approved Soundstages - Gold Coast Studios and Grumman Studios.
Our Nassau County Film Office is here to help you find the perfect location, whether it be Gold Coast mansions, beaches, waterfront parks, nature preserves, ponds or scenic villages.
Please email email@example.com or call 516 571-3168 for further information.
- Offers a transferrable tax credit on qualified Nevada film, TV & software production expenses.
- The old pilot program was recently converted to a new, permanent incentive program, ideal for:
- Indies & lower-budget Studio Features
- Commercial & Film Slates (related projects can be combined)
- TV Series & Pilots
- Reality series, game shows and video games now qualify as well
- Or any production that wants to film on location, with 24-hour amenities, close to LA, and with an incentive.
- Minimum qualified in-state spend of $500k required.
- Production must also spend at least 60% of budget in-state.
- Post-Production may be included in calculations, at producer's election
- Credit Levels:
- 15% base credit on Nevada expenditures
- 15% base on Nevada residents
- 12% base on non-resident ATL
- 10% base on non-resident BTL
- 5% bonus for using majority-Nevada BTL crew
- 5% bonus for filming majority in a rural county
- $6M credit/project
- $750k creditable payroll/individual
- 10% budget creditable to resident producers
- 5% budget creditable to non-resident producers
- Project funding for the current fiscal year has not yet been released.
- Credits can be applied to certain future taxes owed to the state (gaming, financial institution, insurance, MBT & Fees)
- Credits trade higher in Nevada than just about anywhere else in the country.
- Application process takes 6-12 weeks with no fees
- Production must start at least 1 day after application date and within 6 months of pre-approval.
- Production must be completed within 18 months of pre-approval
- Nevada credit may be combinable with the IRS Section 181 federal deduction. In addition to our state's program, the Nevada Film PAC also endorses this national film incentive program.
More information can also be found at http://nevadafilmpac.org/
The Commission's location library is extraordinarily comprehensive, consisting of tens of thousand of photos depicting cities, towns and specific sites throughout New Jersey. This material can be viewed at the agency's office, or sent via e-mail or U.S. Mail.
25% to 30% Refundable Film Production Tax Credit
An additional 5% applies to qualifying productions.
For more info, go here.
• Helping producers find our excellent resources.
• Assisting with any applications, permits or regulatory processes that may apply.
• Bringing focus & attention to the many diverse attractions New Milford has to offer.
• Hosting local events, such as film festivals and screenings, to generate regional publicity.
• A truly original, authentic and awe-
• 70 miles from Times Square (87n-
• Largest Town in Connecticut: 64 square miles
• One of the highest points in Connecticut is three miles from the Town Green
• A drive-
• Multiple access points to the Housatonic River
• Two turn-
• Access to the largest man-
• Vintage railroad station and track
• Private airport with gliders and small craft
• A very active and enthusiastic Historical Society that can help with research
Did we mention a very active and enthusiastic Film Commission waiting to serve your every need? We will help from crewing to catering and all stops in between!
New York State offers several programs to the film and television industry in the form of tax credits and sales tax exemptions:
Film Production Credit program - 30% fully refundable tax credit on qualified production and post-production expenses incurred during production/post production in New York State.
Post Production Credit program - 30%-35% on qualified post-production expenses incurred in New York State. This program is for productions which are not eligible for the film production tax credit program.
Commercial Credit program - 5% on qualified production expenses for commercials and a 20% annual growth credit. Applications submitted annually.
Sales Tax Exemptions - Film production activities/expenses that are exempt from New York State sales tax.
The province of Newfoundland & Labrador offers a Film and Video
Industry Tax Credit which is administered by the NLFDC. It is a fully
refundable corporate income tax credit based on the amount of your
production budget spent on Newfoundland & Labrador labour. The tax
credit is calculated as 40% of the total eligible labour expenditures to a
maximum of 25% of the total eligible production budget. The tax credit
has an additional feature called the "Deeming Provision" wherein
amounts paid to non-residents in key positions may be included in the
tax credit calculation when a qualified resident is not available and the
non-resident serves as a mentor of a resident of the province.
EQUITY INVESTMENT PROGRAM
The EIP provides funding in the form of equity investment to eligible
producers for the financing of productions. The NLFDC will normally
provide a maximum contribution of 20% of the total production budget.
In order to access these funds, applicants must be incorporated in the
province and must be owned 51% or more by residents of
Newfoundland & Labrador.
Co-productions with other provinces are eligible to apply for equity
funding if there is a qualified Newfoundland & Labrador producer
sharing the financial and creative risks and rewards throughout the
development, production and distribution of the project. The
Newfoundland & Labrador co-producer must retain no less than a 33%
ownership position in the copyright of the production. For international
co-productions, they must retain no less that 20%.
Base Incentive Rate 5% - 20%
*Underutilized or Economically Distressed Areas Incentive Additional 2.5%
Minimum In-state Spend 5% for $250,000 - $1 million
10% for $1 million - $3.5 million
20% for $3.5 million+
Qualifying Expenses Wages, Invoices and Petty Cash
Per Project Cap None
Qualified Labor First $1 million of each Texas Resident
Program Qualifications 70% of paid crew and 70% of paid cast members, including extras, must be Texas Residents
60% of total production days must be completed in Texas
Episodic Television Series
Interstitial Television Programming
Nationally Syndicated Talk Show
For Reality Television see separate section below.
Texas spending can include eligible pre-production, production and post-production expenditures.
This is taken from http://gov.texas.gov/film/incentives/miiip
There are three categories to the NWT Film Rebate Program:
1.NWT Labour/Training Rebate
20 percent rebate for eligible NWT Labour.
An additional 15 percent rebate for Recognized Positions or for NWT Resident candidates receiving on-set training.
2. NWT Expenditure Rebate
20 percent rebate for all Goods and Services that qualify as NWT Spend purchased and consumed in the NWT.
An additional 15 percent rebate for Goods and Services for productions shooting outside of Yellowknife city limits.
3.NWT Travel Rebate
Ten percent rebate for travel to/from the NWT from anywhere in the world (south of the 60th Parallel).
30 percent rebate for travel within the NWT (excluding aerial photography).
More info can be found here: http://www.nwtfilm.com/rebate
- 30% fully refundable tax credit on qualified production and post-production expenses incurred during production/post production in New York State.
Post Production Credit:
- 30%-35% on qualified post-production expenses incurred in New York State. This program is for productions which are not eligible for the film production tax credit program.
- 5% on qualified production expenses for commercials and a 20% annual growth credit. Applications submitted annually.