Go here to post your Film Commission.
The city offers an attractive price discounts for productions implemented on its territory.
According to the resolution of Lodz City Council the rebate for closing national, provincial, district and commune roads for the needs of the film sets is 90 % relative to the base rates .
In 2014 the President of Lodz introduced 85% reduction of the rates for the rent of municipal property for the purpose of film. Discounts include parks , plazas, city squares, etc.
The tasks of the Lodz Film Commission also include the construction of film production support tools, such as the LFC discount card, reductions of prices for the occupation of roadway or databases: filming locations and film industry specialists, as well as provision of information about all resources required by a producer for efficient and problem-free execution of a project. Moreover, the Lodz Film Commission promotes the potential and openness of Lodz and the region to the film industry, actively participating in the promotion of Poland as an attractive location for international film productions.
Lodz Film Commission is a member of the Association of Film Commissioners International (AFCI), regional sections of film funds in the National Chamber of Audiovisual Producers and cooperates with Polish Film Commission.
Film Production Incentive Programme- Macedonia
20% Cash Rebate for film and TV
Macedonia introduced Film Production Incentive in 2014. It is available to international and local filmmakers in the form of a rebate of 20% on qualifying Macedonian expenditures.
- Body in charge of the procedure: Commission for Establishing the Right to Refund.
- The programme is administered on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Cash Rebate is calculated on the total qualifying expenditure including value added tax and is paid directly to the applicant's Macedonian bank account
- Eligible expenditures: costs of goods and services purchased in Macedonia and wages paid to Macedonian tax residents for services (both cast and crew) carried out in Macedonia.
- Minimum local spend per project: 100.000 EUR in MKD equivalent according to the middle exchange rate of the National Bank of Republic of Macedonia on the day when the request for rebate is submitted.
Qualifying production format: Feature films, documentaries, animation and Television film and TV series
When to apply: Open annual call
Who can apply:
- The applicant must be a Macedonian producer, co-producer or production service provider (that has made and publicly exhibited at least one feature film).
- Macedonian partner provides the full range of production services including - location scouting, scheduling, budgeting, casting, crewing and takes full responsibility for all production services carried out in Macedonia.
- The complete application must be submitted to the Macedonian Film Agency at least 15 days prior to the start of the filming of the project.
- Evaluating the application - the Commission evaluates the application within 15 days of receipt of a valid application.
- Qualifying productions are issued a provisional certificate as well as provisional agreement.
- Net Rebate: will be made upon completion of production, submission of audited accounts and evidence that all requirements have been met.
With the law that was passed in 2014 the Macedonian Film Fund was transformed into Macedonian Film Agency. Macedonian Film Agency aims at providing a continuous support to the production of films (domestic and international majority and minority co-productions), support of the development, production, promotion, distribution and exhibition of films as well as attracting foreign producers by offering them favorable conditions, thereby promoting Republic of Macedonia as a shooting location.