Go here to post your Film Commission.
Tennessee has a professionally trained production base. You'll have access to production services, studio facilities and post-production facilities to accommodate every budget. Tennessee's entertainment sector also benefits from a long list of nationally recognized companies such as Creative Artist Agency, William Morris Endeavor, City National Bank, Sony's Affirm Films, Scripps Networks Interactive and Regal Cinemas.
And we're in this for the long haul. We have the education pipeline in place to produce a sustainable workforce for both film and television production. There are 73 different production-specific programs offered at 35 institutions across the state.
Tennesseans don't have to move to Los Angeles or New York to learn and work in the film and television industry. More and more, it's the other way around.
The expenses that are admitted to apply for the Transferable Tax Credit are only those directly related to the development, preproduction, production and postproduction of films and/or audiovisuals. Decree 370-10 article 167.
- Expenses related to the development and preproduction.
- Expenses of construction and stage operations, purchase or rent of costumes,accessories, food, office supplies, transportation, equipment and related services.
- Expenses related to executive production.
- Photography, sound synchronization, lighting and related expenses.
- Edition, graphics, visual effects, animation, music, and other related postproduction expenses.
- Expenses related to film processing, and format change.
- The rent of filming locations and related expenses.
- The rent of vehicles.
- The expenses related to catering and lodging for the cast and crew.
- Flights from and to the Dominican Republic, also domestic flights as long as they are purchased trough an agency or airline, which is established in Dominican territory. â€¢ Insurance, guarantees and bonds as long as they are contracted with companies registered in the Dominican Territory.
- Equipment and supplies freight costs from and to the Dominican Republic.
- Honorary fees of the accountant and legal teams that work with the production. â€¢ Cast and Crew honorary fees.
- Other costs directly linked to production that are widely accepted within the film industry.
- The honorary fee of the producer cannot exceed 6% of the total budget.
- The expenses made during the development stage cannot exceed 3% of the total budget. â€¢ Expenses related to the marketing and distribution of the film.
Admitted and Excluded Goods and Services Conditions to apply for VAT exemption
1. Goods and services providers must be registered at the Film Commission.
2. The goods and services paid for have to be directly related to the pre-production, production, and post-production of the film or audiovisual project, which Must have a Shooting Permit at the moment of payment.
3. The goods and services purchased have to explicitly be listed within the film law.
Admitted goods and services
- Artistic, script writing, direction, and acting services.
- Shooting and filming services.
- Conversion, editing, digital design, and related necessary equipment.
- Wardrobe, utility and set design, and related necessary materials.
- Mechanical special effects.
- Computer generated images, animation, and related necessary equipment.
- Post-production special effects, and related necessary equipment.
- Musical effects, dubbing, recording voices, sound editing, mixing, and related necessary equipment. â€¢ Camera equipment, provisions and accessories.
- Film for cinematography and virgin material.
- Digital discs and originals for re-production or masters.
- Services and equipment for illumination: including gels, light bulbs, and lamps.
- Equipment used to shoot scenes in film studios and stages.
- Booms, cranes, extenders, dollies and jibs.
- Electric support, cables and wires.
- Electric generators.
- Equipment for recording time codes.
- Heaters and air conditioners to be used on set.
- Photography film.
- Mobile dressing rooms.
- Replacements for all of the above.
Excluded goods and services
- Office furniture and materials.
- Bottled water, food and beverages.
- Technical team uniforms.
- Decorative elements utilized outside the set. â€¢ Personal gifts and promotion materials.
- Utilities payment.
- Equipment repair.
- Transportation services.
- Purchases or rentals of motor vehicles.
TEMPORARY EQUIPMENT IMPORT (TIP) Permit Request
IMPORTANT: foreign producers must submit the written request at least ten (10) days prior to their Dominican Republic arrival. This request is free of charge.
1. Request letter addressed to the Film Commissioner Mrs. Yvette Marichal, and Alexandra Guerrero Head of Registry, signed by the producer or his legal representative.
2. List of equipment including: serial number, chassis number, and other general information, as well as their value in Dominican Pesos.
3. Project in which the equipment will be used, Shooting Permit number and shooting dates.
4. Entry and departure details:
- Port of entry.
- Flight or shipment in which the equipment will arrive in.
- Date of arrival.
- Country of origin.
- Port of departure.
- Flight or shipment in which the equipment will depart in.
- List of persons that will accompany the equipment with their passport numbers.
5. Copy of the Customs Sworn Statement of the equipment that will be temporarily imported.
There are 3 filming zones in BC.
The Thompson-Nicola Regional District is in the Distant Location Zone.
- Production Services Tax Incentives
- Digital Animation Visual Effects Tax Incentive
- Canadian Film or Video Production Tax Credit
- Canada Film or Video Production Services Tax Credit
For more in-depth information go to:
The Thompson-Nicola Film Commission is a full-time, full-service film commission representing the Thompson-Nicola Regional District, in the interior of British Columbia, Canada.
Desert, canyons, grasslands, mountains and resorts are a few of our BC locations.
The Thompson-Nicola Film Commission office is situated in the City of Kamloops.
Our services include:
- free scouting
- accompanied surveys
- location-script breakdowns
- community liaison services
- permit assistance
- ftp sites dedicated to your projects
- local crew
- production support
- awesome and great looking film commission staff
Our area includes the beautiful Cascades Mountains with lush forests and spartan lava fields, wild and scenic rivers, verdant wineries, rural, suburban and small-city urban areas, Oregon Coastal Dunes, forests, dramatic cliffs and wide sandy beaches.
Our region is home to over 75 widely diverse cities and towns, all easily accessible by the RDU International Airport, several smaller executive airports, and a well developed highway and state road system. Four major universities â€" Duke, UNC Chapel Hill, NC State University, NC Central University, and fifteen private and community colleges call the Triangle home. We also include the historic national golf resort of Pinehurst, the site of more championships than any other golf course in the country, including multiple US Opens. And, the renowned Durham Bulls Baseball Club and the Stanley Cup Champion Carolina Hurricanes of the NHL are located here.
Tulare County is home to 80 percent of the Giant Sequoias that grow within the Sierra Nevada mountain range.